How to reduce website load time?
All of us love surfing on the internet, there are different purposes for surfing. Some people are looking for blogs to read, some are doing a job search, some are for shopping. Though everyone has a different purpose, they all have one thing in common, that is they always spend more time on websites which take less time to load.
So, Page speed is a more crucial factor in SEO, which helps you to reduce bounce rate of a website. Bounce rate is nothing but User exits the website from the same webpage as he entered on the website without browsing more on your website.
There are many tools available to check a Page Speed –
- Google Pagespeed insights – It gives you page speed in the form of ratings out of 100. If you are having numbers from 80-100 then your website is so smooth to load. If your rating is less than 40 then your website is taking a lot of time to load. Using Pagespeed insights is somewhat beneficial as it gives you suggestions for improvement with effective loading of a time.
- GTMetrix – It shows your page speed grade wise like A, B, C, D & how much time it takes to load in seconds. It gives you suggestions for improvement in your page speed.
- UberSuggest – It shows you page speed in seconds with name of components & their loading time.
- Small SEO Tools.
All the tools mentioned above shows you the website load time or website speed for both Mobile & Desktop. Normally a Website loading time should be 0-5 seconds, which helps you to reduce the bounce rate & increase in a user engagement with your website & ultimately conversion rate.
Following metrics shows you that how page speed matters in bounce rate –
Now, how can you reduce the website load time?
- Minimize HTTP Request – HTTP request is nothing but when a user visits a page of your website, then your server processes this request & returns the required page on the user’s browser. That means fewer HTTP requests makes reduction in website load time.
- Minify & combine files – Minifying a file is a process of removing unnecessary elements from the file & rewriting the file to reduce the file size. It helps to load & transfer files more quickly which results in reduction in website load time. Combining some files will reduce the website loading time as it will reduce the amount of time to call these assets from the server.
- Minimize time to first byte – Time spent for initial response of a server to load a website is known as a Time to First Byte (TTFB). Reduction in TTFB helps you to load the website faster. There are different ways to reduce TTFB –
● Switch to faster web host
● Use a server which is closer to your user
● Install a caching plugin
● Switch to faster DNS provider
● Use of content delivery network
● Cache everything on CDN (Content delivery network)
- Reduce server response time – Server response time is nothing but a duration between a user request (by clicking link or by typing URL) & server responds to that request. Reducing this server response times improves your website speed. There are different ways of reduction in server response time –
● Check your hosting
● Choosing web server carefully
● Optimization of web servers
● Reduce bloat
● Optimization of database
- Choose the right hosting option – Choosing a right hosting plan means having access to the right allocation of resources to keep your website loading quickly.
- Run a compression audit – Compression of files means reducing a file size without compromising it’s quality. You can check how compression can help you to increase your website speed by running a compression audit.
- Enable compression – As you know, the smaller the file size, the faster your page will load. You can enable compression by using GZip. It is a tool which has the same strings of your code which temporarily replace these code from your file & reduces the file size. Which results in increment of website loading time.
- Enable browser caching – When you visit a website, some components get stored in a hard drive or cache or in temporary storage. Next time when you visit this website it will load without having to send an HTTP request to the server.
- Reduce image sizes – As we all know that images which we add on a website are of larger sizes which makes your website heavy. We can optimize these images which reduces the image size without affecting the quality of images. To get this result you can use PNG or JPG images which don’t lose their quality after compression.
- Optimize CSS delivery – You can add CSS in your website by 2 types as an inline CSS or external CSS. The inline CSS gets loaded while the HTML file is getting loaded & the external CSS file gets laid after the HTML time. It increases the loading speed of a website.If you added all css code into one file as a main CSS it will reduce the loading time of all CSS files to loading one CSS file.
- Reduce the number of plugins – As the more plugins, the more loading time. If you check the effect of plugin before adding it to the website, it helps you install the right plugin which helps you to reduce website load time.
- Reduce redirections – Redirections are necessary to fix the broken links, it is good practice to add redirects to remove broken links & increasing performance of your website.But having many redirections increases load time as it send more HTTP requests so it’s good practice to have less redirections to reduce HTTP requests & reduce page load time.
- Reduce external scripts – There are many third party scripts running on your websites which increases the load time to identify these external scripts by reopening the network tab of the Developer’s tool which helps to reduce external scripts. This results in reduction of website load time.
- Monitor mobile page speed – While monitoring your website speed on Desktop, you need to monitor it for mobile also. As website loading speed on mobile also helps you to increase your Google ranking.
Reduction in website load time helps you to get a high conversion rate, increment in organic ranking of your website.
Top 12 Factors To Consider For Web Development
Creating a website with functionality, appearance, eye-catching images, colors & with attractive UI is not a that much easy job. While creating a website you have to consider the other factors also, you have to take care of SEO, content , code integrity etc. and also while working on it web designers & web developers have to work together to load a website on search engines, it should engage customers & also make conversions from that website. It’s a quite difficult job, no?? But not to worry this article is going to help you out to make your website building job easy. In this article, we are to learn about factors which are helpful for you to develop a website-
1. Selecting a domain & host –
We all know that website domain name says a lot about your business. Your domain name should be memorable, no one can misspell it & it should reflect your brand’s voice. Choosing a domain name is some what crucial because you have to consider the SEO factors, simple spellings & brand identity. After considering these factors your website can have higher chances to locate on the search engine. It means that if your website is easily accessible on search engines, you will definitely get more customers. After selecting a domain name, it’s time to select a hosting website, before selecting a hosting website you have to consider the nature of your website & business. For selecting hosting website, consider following factors
- Can your hosting website handle the load of lots of images, videos & presentations?
- Can your hosting website provide you responsive technical support?
- Can it handle a load of traffic?
- Can they provide backup & security?
Before taking the final decision please check out the reviews of hosting services providers from the third party.
2. Backend services –
If you want to develop a website greatly, you have to take care of a functional program at the backend. Without great support from backend it’s impossible to make your customers happy. For building a strong backend for any website you can think about WordPress, a Content Management System & for e-commerce websites you can think about the magneto. Remember that you can show an attractive UI to the user but the engagement of users will totally depend upon how your backend is working for the user.
3. Clean design –
It is the most important thing to consider while developing a website. It’s very important for you to create a clean & appealing design. If your website design is attractive & it’s easy to navigate then it’s a quality design. A clean design helps customers to focus on the brand & content of the website. Often, customers prefer a website with quality design. Therefore, to gain return customers & to give positive user experience clean design is very helpful.
4. Effective Color Scheme –
While selecting colors of your website you have to think about a target audience, branding, company’s niche & elements of the color theory. If you are thinking about selecting a website color scheme depending upon a logo color then it is a good idea but it should not be more overwhelming. So, before selecting a color scheme for your website, spend sufficient time to select colors which can impress your audience.
5. Branding –
Branding is an important factor for every business, whether it is small business or a large business. The placement & design of your brand’s logo say a lot about your business. A professionally designed logo should be placed on the upper left corner of the website, because it is a place from where users actually start to look at a website.
6. Functionality & usability –
Functionality of a website can be measured by considering the factors like there should not be any broken links, there should be less loading time. For usability you have to consider if your website is easy to use, can users read any blog without hesitation, can they share your blogs easily, can they feel a contact form? If the above factors are working finely on your website, then your website is easy to handle & can gain users satisfaction.
7. Navigation –
Easy navigation is the key to a great website. You can place a navigation in the header & footer of the website. If a user can easily access a website’s other web pages then it helps to increase a user engagement. If you are using a navigation which is confusing for your user & which is not placed at a right place, then there are very less chances to gain return users.
8. Call to action –
Including a call to action buttons on your website is very helpful for users. Which helps your users to contact you easily & its hows that your website is genuine & users can trust on it. In call to action buttons you can add a “Contact us today” or “Subscribe a newsletter”. The above call to action buttons will increase the customer’s engagement & you will also get the loyal customers.
9. Less load time –
It is one of the most important factors of SEO and website development also. While developing a website you have to keep an eye on the speed of your website also. Your website’s loading time has to be upto 5 sec. A website’s loading time is very important because it helps users to get the information they want on the exact time. If they are not getting the information on time from your site, they will get it from your competitors.
10. Active blog –
Nowadays, adding a blog on your website is very important, it shows your website is getting updated periodically & you are alive in the world of web. Working on current topics for blogs helps you to get more customers for your website, if you have a blog on current topics or topics which are related to your business shows that you are very updated in your functional areas. Active blogging also helps you to build a brand, increase communication & gain customer’s trust.
11. SEO friendly code –
While creating a webpage or building a website, it is impossible to keep a clean & SEO friendly code. If your website’s code is SEO friendly, it helps crawlers to crawl your website easily. It also helps you to get ROI. If you are using WordPress for your website, you can take the help of some plugins to get clean & SEO friendly code for your website.
12. Effective security –
In this technical world, more advanced security risks are there. There are many threats present like malware, injection of malicious code, hackers due to this your website should be secured on the front end & back end also. If you have an inclusion of payment gateways in your website or you have an ecommerce website, you have to protect a customer’s data & for this protection you have to add a SSL certificate to your website. The above factors are more important to consider while developing a new website which helps you to gain a lot of returning customers, more traffic & trust from users. While considering the above factors there are some other factors also, which you can’t ignore. These factors are as below –
- Compatibility with multiple browsers – Your website should be compatible with all types of browsers, it should not lose its structure & image quality while using other browsers.
- Responsive site – Your website should be responsive for every device,so users can see the same content & design regardless of the device.
- Social connecting buttons – It is a good practice to add a social sharing button on your website. It helps you divert website traffic to your social media channels also.
- Customer Testimonial – When you add a customer’s testimonials on your website, it helps you to gain trust from users. Customers also think that you are genuine & you want to grow your business.
- Original Content – While writing content for your website, avoid plagiarism. If you copy the content from other websites, crawlers don’t trust you & they will not scan your website, which tends to lose the ranking of your website on search engines.
If you really want to develop a website which you want to see on the first page on top of the organic ranking, then consider the all above factors. The Radiant IT Services Pvt. Ltd. follows the all above factors to develop a website. If you want to develop a website which helps you to grow your business online then visit our site – https://theradiantitservices.com/services/website-development/
In today’s era, everyone is trying so hard to take their business online. They not only want to take the business online but want to keep competition in the business alive. Every business wants to build a website as a first step to enter the online world of business.
While building a website, the first step everyone faces is buying a domain & hosting platform for their website.
While purchasing hosting services for your website, you need to keep the following things in mind –
- Uptime Reliability –
If your hosting is down, no one is able to see & work with your website & you always want to run your website 24/7. You need to choose a web hosting service provider which offers you a network uptime guarantee. If your website gets down then you have to make sure that your web hosting service provider should offer compensation for the same.
- Speed –
A most crucial factor of a website for SEO Rankings. If your website speed is low, your customers exit from your website within a second which is very harmful to your website. That is the reason you need to select a web hosting service provider which can guarantee you optimal website loading speed.
In most cases, if you pay more money to web hosting service providers, then you will get a higher speed.
- Customer Support –
A most needful factor to select a web hosting service provider, because you always need customer support if you make any changes in your website & it may tend to down your website. If you have good customer support you can work anytime on your website.
The above factors are the main factors to choose your web hosting service provider. There are other factors also available which you can consider like pricing & emailing.
In this blog, you will find the best web hosting service providers. Let’s take a look –
- Hostinger –
- DreamHost –
- Bluehost –
- Nexcess –
- HostGator –
It offers the most affordable hosting services in the market. Its pricing starts from $1.39/month. To get this lowest price deal, you need to sign a 4-year contract with Hostinger. You will not get so much storage, but your website can handle 10,000 visits per month without any issue.
In Hostinger as pricing increases, you will get more hosting resources & capabilities. In the business shared hosting plan which is only $3.99/month, you can make 100 websites with 200GB of storage data & unlimited bandwidth. It means that you will get the highest loading speed & data backup for your website at a very less cost.
If you mess your website during any changes you will get a backup of your website anytime.
Another thing that needs to consider is that Hostinger provides you 24X7X365 days support which is very much helpful in your need. It also guarantees your 99.99% uptime with a 30 days money-back policy.
If you are looking for a shared hosting service provider with less cost then you definitely have to choose a Hostinger.
It is one of the oldest web hosting service providers available in the market which was founded in 1996. By its foundation year, you may find it outdated but it’s not the truth. They have great adaptability to new trends in the market that is the reason they are the most used web hosting service provider in the market.
They provide great loading speed, friendly & supportive customer service & security. If you want to change your website you can change it within hours as their adaptability features are great & if you want to make major changes then their technical support team is always available for you.
They know that things can be changed as time passes, therefore they are always ready to help you to make changes to your website.
This is the reason there are more than 1.5 million websites that have chosen DreamHost as their web hosting service provider.
If you want to make your website within a week then you definitely need to choose WordPress, because 35% of the total websites available on the internet uses WordPress as the fastest web development platform with great features & pricing.
If you are looking for the best web hosting service provider for WordPress websites, then you have to go with a Bluehost only.
Pricing of Bluehost starts from $3.95/month & the highest package is for just $5.95/month in which you can access all the useful features.
Your website gets a good loading speed until you load your website with lots of plugins. In the future, if you install so many plugins to your website, which may make your website slow, then you can rely on Bluehost. They can provide you with technical support through active telephone service & live chat.
If you are looking for the best web hosting service provider for your online store then Nexcess is for you only. They offer you a wide range of hosting options with specialty solutions for Magento, WordPress, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Drupal, etc.
In addition, you will get one-click auto-scaling to handle unexpected traffic spikes, 24X7 technical support & an SSL certificate which makes your website trustworthy, so customers can feel safe while browsing your website.
It means that you will get everything to start, manage & scale your online store & this is the reason there are 5,00,000+ websites that use Nexcess as a web hosting service provider.
Though you will not find it as cheap as other web hosting service providers you will have more features, better support & improved performance with the Nexcess.
If you need advanced security & quick growth for your e-commerce website then Nexcess is the best option for you.
It is the most useful web hosting service provider for blogging. It is the most affordable web hosting service provider for the beginning of the online posting.
Its basic package starts from $2.75/month which is useful for startups that want to get their website up & running. If you want to access more features then you can choose a higher-cost plan for your website.
Just like Bluehost, they have an active telephone service that you use anytime. They have a huge database of questions & answers with professional opinions & solutions to the common problem. You will find an easy solution to your problem with a demonstration & step-by-step guide.
You are going to have a long-term relationship with your web hosting service provider. So, choose your web hosting service provider wisely.
quick summary of the blog –
Hostinger – Low-cost shared hosting platform for startups.
DreamHost – Best if you need to do quick & responsive changes to your website.
Bluehost – Best for WordPress hosting.
Nexcess – Best for eCommerce hosting.
HostGator – Best for those who want to start blogging.